Thursday, September 19, 2013

Surfphony of Derstruction 2000 Episode 9

September 19, the full moon is out and the summer is almost over. DANG, the surfin' weather is just about to expire but the Surfphony is still goin' strong! The tide is high so it's time to hang ten with the Big Surf! WOOOOOOO! Here ya go, finks, Episode 9 to start your fall off right! Don't hit the ground too hard HA HA HA!


Ya wanna know what I played? OK



Les Talismans - L'interplanetaire
Marlow Stewart & The Illusions - Earthquake!!
The Sinders - Sinner
The Chantays - Beyond
The Goldtones - Gutterball
The Roadrunners - Quasimoto
The Fleshtones - Theme From The Vindicators
The Reverb Syndicate - Shake Don't Stir
The Sadies - The 3-B
Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet - Egypt Texas
Les Charlots - Cougar G-T
Kenny & The Fiends - Moon Shot
The Weaseltones - Ashes To Ashes
The Metalunas - Lost on The Moon
Al Casey - Baja
Link Wray - Hotel Loneliness
The What Four - Gemini 4

OK so if you look at the song I highlighted, The Weaseltones' Ashes to Ashes, that is because it is a really cool song. I also wanna talk about it a bit. SO a bunch of surf bands recorded covers of David Bowie tunes and made an album out of it. It's a REALLY good album and I know a lot of people that aren't much into surf but are into Bowie really dig this album. There's all sorts of different surf styles in there from a sorta-western Rebel, Rebel to some high-octane surfin like The Gospel According to Tony Day. If yer askin' yerself where to get a hold of this album, come find a link right here! The album is only a couple of coins but it's totally worth it! It gets the Big Derboski Seal of Approval!


Another cool track that I highlighted was The Sadies' The 3-B. The Sadies performed the music for the "Big Daddy" Ed Roth documentary, Tales of The Rat Fink. Check out The Horseshoe from Tales of The Rat Fink


YO I will be taking a break next month from The Surfphony. I need a little R and R ya dig? DON'T WORRY though, there will be an episode for ya next month on  October 18... I got someone to fill in for me. Big shoes to fill but I will go to bat for him and ensure you that the episode won't... suck. OK, so I'm horrible at the vampire jokes but I know the ol' Count will have more than a few puns up his cape... ok, i'll stop now WOOOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment